Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blog Flash Day #16: Different World




       
Miranda found herself under an old willow as she first opened the book.  She had read it several times in the seven years, and each time she got lost in the fairy tale world.  A different world of distant love, betrayal, passion and hope but she found many likenesses in the sword wielding priestess protagonist.  Separated from the man she loved by distance and allegiances to warring kingdoms, with many twists and turns along her journey.  Miranda always found something new each time she read the book, and each time found it the much needed distraction she needed.

(98 Words)



---------

YaY!  Over the halfway point of this challenge, it has proven difficult at time to keep with the same story.  If you haven't, check out the other 15 entries of my Blog Flash Story!!  :) 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Steven! I love this take on the prompt - I often feel like books transport me somewhere new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Miranda! :) Really, I feel exactly the same way you've described here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Books are the ultimate escapism for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you! Am so enjoying seeing were you are going with these prompts!

    ReplyDelete